Tel: 01392 454 200
About WESC Foundation
Our aim, vision and mission
Aim: The education and care of young people with visual impairment and/or complex needs and their transition into school, college and beyond.
Vision: To provide a specialist centre for education, training and expertise, to create a better life for people with visual impairment.
Mission: To share knowledge, expertise and technologies through effective partnerships to transform the lives of those affected by visual impairment.
Our ethos as a specialist centre for visual impairment is focused on three fundamental factors:
• Our family-centred approach through which we work closely with parents and carers in our Parents as Partners group, learner-centred meetings and other consultative forums which allow us to involve and inform parents of their child’s progress, development and transition
• Our multi-disciplinary approach in which teachers, therapists, mobility specialists and the health care team deliver comprehensive services in consultation with other specialists such as ophthalmologists and child psychologists
• Our focus on neuro-science through which the latest research and development concerning the relationship between the brain and sight informs our specialist practice across all professional disciplines. It is this, in particular, which gives us our unique status as a specialist centre for visual impairment.
What we offer
Our school and college offer the following range of placements to suit the individual need:
- full-time day or residential placements for 38 weeks of the academic year
- all-year-round residential placements (52 week provision)
- part-time day or residential placements
- outreach services – offering support in mainstream and specialist schools, colleges and universities
- short respite breaks in our residential houses for young people and adults.
Our well planned and adapted campus provides a safe, happy and social place for young people and adults.
2 jobs with WESC Foundation
Assistant Management Accountant Hours: 25 hours per week, 52 weeks a year
The WESC Foundation, located on the outskirts of Exeter, is a charity providing a specialist day and residential centre