Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester / Car Mechanic - PLYMOUTH
About The Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Car Mechanic / Vehicle Technician / MOT tester to join our busy Plymouth Autocentre on a full-time basis.
The desired candidate will possess the skills and experience to carry out all aspects of light vehicle maintenance including light and heavier engine work.
The ideal Car Mechanic / Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester will possess:
• NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent / Time Served Experience
• A valid class 4 and 7 MOT testing licence
• A Full UK driving licence with no more than 9 points (you will be subject to licence checks)
• Experience in a professional workshop environment
• A good approach to customer service
• Flexibility towards working hours (40-48 hours per week)
• Halfords Autocentres strive to be there for all of life's journeys, in order to deliver this some of our Autocentres are open 6/7 days a week.
In return, we will offer the successful Car Mechanic / Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester a competitive salary, based on a technical grading system, a fantastic bonus scheme and extensive benefits including;
• Numerous recognised training courses available such as Hybrid / Fgas / ATA Level 3 (linked to increasing your technical grade)
• E-learning hub
• Discounted Professional Tools Scheme
• Discounted Trade Bike scheme
• Contributory pension scheme
• Colleague discounts
• Deals on Wheels (High street discounts)
• Save As You Earn share scheme
• Discounted child care vouchers
• EAP (Employee Assistant Programme) - Up to £10k worth of sessions.
• Healthcare cash plan (self and family) also includes Dental plan
• Long service awards
• Annual leave starting at 5.6 weeks including bank holidays
Halfords Autocentres are a Top 25 Sunday Times employer, we offer our employees a wealth of training and development opportunities to develop the best Car Mechanics / Vehicle Technicians and MOT Testers in the industry.
Our Technical Grading system ensures our technicians are fairly assessed and given every opportunity to improve their skill set on an ongoing basis