Supply Chain Manager
Our client, a leading global manufacturer is seeking to appoint an experienced and qualified Supply Chain Manager with excellent leadership skills to manage and implement operational strategies.
- Managing current and future demands in close cooperation with production departments and external suppliers
- Managing teams in related functions including material planning, warehousing, export and import shipping.
- Ensuring the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain, efficient logistics practices and inventory levels
- Managing local and centralised procurement, including source selection, performance management and cost out.
- Aligning material costs and inventory levels with production releases
- Analysing data and preparing reports
- Devising and managing physical inventory audit methodology which meets internal and external specifications
- Ensuring quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate financial and customer specifications
- Coordinating with central supply chain function
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the plant's SIOP processes
- Ideally educated to a degree level
- Engineering background essential
- CIPS qualified
- Possessing full knowledge of material planning systems (MRP/ ERP)
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts and tools
- Strong supply chain management and team management experience
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams within a large, international organisation