£16,123 – £17,072 a year pro rata
Vacancy ID: LBC00125
plus supplement to bring pay in line with the Foundation Living Wage, which is currently £8.45 per hour
Part Time, various Hours
We have a rewarding opportunity to provide an essential support service to the driver when transporting passengers, many of who are vulnerable or with varying degrees of special needs.
You will be responsible for ensuring that each passenger along with their
possessions, including wheelchairs and walking aids are safely secured and taken safely along with the individual to their respective destinations.
We are recruiting for the following posts:-
1 post working Monday–Friday 25 hours per week, Term time only.
2 posts working Monday–Friday 21.88 average hours per week, 1137 1/2 hours annually
For this post:-
• you will need to be fully aware and sensitive to each individuals needs when in the vehicle and be flexible to meet each person needs when in your care
• you’ll have some experience working with people and general public. Clear
communication skills, and be able to lift items such as courier bags, oxygen
bottles, wheel chair and buggy equipment
• the ability to use initiative in emergency situations and be able to remain calm and reassuring
• be able to give personal care which includes physical, social and emotional according to the needs of the individual
• you must be willing to attend regular training.
Closing Date: 7th May 2017
To apply for these roles, click the apply button
Please quote appropriate reference number.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).