Project Officer - Kent / Medway / East Sussex
New opportunity not to be missed! Gingerbread has an exciting opportunity for a Project Officer - Kent / Medway / East Sussex to join our team based in Kent, Medway and East Sussex. You will join our team on a full time, fixed term contract for 3 years and will receive a competitive salary of £26,769 per annum.
Gingerbread provides expert advice, practical support, and campaigns to improve the lives of single parent families. We work with single parents, including teenage parents, who face substantial barriers to entering education, training or work, to help them gain confidence and skills, and become ready to progress into work or further learning.
Working Forward is a comprehensive and holistic programme of activity for disadvantaged lone parents living in Kent, Medway and E. Sussex. It utilises Gingerbread's 99 years of experience at delivering support which helps lone parents progress closer to the labour market and into employment in combination with specifically selected specialist interventions which will be provided by local partners.
Key responsibilities as our Project Officer - Kent / Medway / East Sussex will include:
- Recruit single parents to our programmes including planning and attending engagement events
- Provide guidance and ongoing support
- Deliver training and workshops to single parents
- Support accreditation and verification activities
- Arrange work experience and/or volunteering placements
- Provide coaching and pre- and post-programme support
Our ideal Project Officer will have:
- Experience of supporting disadvantaged individuals to commence the transition to progress towards paid work, education or training
- Relevant and recent IT skills particularly in updating and maintaining databases and participant records
- Experience of delivering training workshops
- An understanding of the issues affecting single parents
- Excellent communications skills to inspire single parents and work in project partnerships
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines, demonstrate strong attention to detail and understand the importance of meeting contractual targets
The Project Officer role is based in Kent region with travel within Medway and East Sussex. You will on occasion be required to attend the London office for team meetings and support.
In return for your dedication to making our programmes a success, we will support and develop successful candidates.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to become our Project Officer - Kent / Medway / East Sussex, click ‘Apply' now!
Closing date for applications: Monday 15 May 2017 at 9am
Interviews: Wednesday 24 & Thursday 25 May 2017
As this role will be working with families and children, an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service is required.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, including single parents and those with caring responsibilities. We offer excellent work-life balance policies for all staff.
Gingerbread, the charity for single parent families is registered in England and Wales as a company limited by guarantee, no. 402748, and a charity, no. 230750.
This is funded by the Big Lottery and ESF.