IT Systems Engineer
A unique opportunity to join the UK operation of a large Automotive Group based in the West Bromwich area.
They are looking to recruit a pro-active and professional IT Systems Engineer for their manufacturing site to join an established and strong team to support ongoing changes. As the ideal candidate you will have experience of working within a fast moving automotive manufacturing environment with UK and globally based supply chain.
Tasked with carrying resolving software and hardware issues within the company as well as supporting new implementation and changes. To be considered for this varied and challenging role, you will ideally have the following credentials.
- Investigate and resolve computer software and hardware problems of users by receiving telephone calls from users having problems or inquiring how to use specific software, such as Microsoft Office, data base products, printing, email and operating systems.
- Provide installation and networking of computer systems and solutions on site.
- Provide users with network technical support and respond to the needs and questions of users concerning their access of resources on the network by performing network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Monitor, configure and upgrade telecommunications systems when required.
- Support and monitor/configure servers (i.e. email, file servers etc.) as appropriate.
- Prioritising workload to ensure that all jobs are completed promptly and to a good standard of work.
- Regular training and research must be continuous as to remain up to date with all functions that can be provided.
- Ensuring that all servers are working correctly, ensuring backup solutions are adequate for application.
- To make documented changes to server/application configurations when required.
- Assisting in management of VLAN architecture and port assignment.
- Maintaining the security of not only the Company internal network but also external links and our WIFI systems
- Alongside studying for relevant courses, competitively source solutions to improve and secure existing systems to promote a greater work ethic
5 to 7 years related support and networking experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in:
- Support of standard desktop applications/operating systems (Microsoft Office, Windows XP/7/8/10)
- Server Administration Windows 2003/2008/2012.
- Windows Server experience of Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, DHCP, DNS.
- Outlook/Exchange - user account creation for internal and external internet mail/installation and configuration.
- VLAN configuration and distribution experience.
- PC hardware repair and replacement.
- Telecommunications software and configuration.
- Competitive Salary: £30K to £35K (Depending on Experience).
- 37.5 Hours per week with Friday finish at 1.30pm.
- 24 days annual leave per year. After 5 years' service, this increase by 1 day per year (Max 5 days). Bank Holidays on top of the annual allowance.
- Pension Scheme.
- Non-contributory Healthcare Plan for dental, eye and hospital treatments.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Staff discount for new cars (up to 24% or more dependent on models).
- Employee Reward Portal' for discounts to stores and online purchases.
- Employee assistance for job related training or membership subscriptions.
- On-site staff canteen.
- Free on-site car park.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the apply button provided on the page.
We look forward to your application.