Devon based territory merchandiser
The role is based in Devon, covering Exeter through to Torquay working in major retailers' stores, predominantly in the DIY category. You will be running a small sized territory of stores all of which are in easily accessible locations.
As a brand ambassador for a number of blue chip clients, your duties will include:
- Merchandising the stock on fixtures,
- Audits on stock availability and space planning,
- Placing POS materials and multimedia
- Negotiating space for promotions and secondary sites
- Staff training in small group sessions
- This is all wrapped up by reporting the work completed to the store management.
We are therefore looking for the follow character traits to complement our experienced team:
- Excellent communication skills both using the written word and verbally
- Confidence in dealing with people
- An eye for detail and picking out the less obvious
- Organised and able to function with minimal supervision
- Practical and able to deal with manual tasks
When out on territory, you will visit stores for periods of an average of 1-4 hours per visit, working to a defined plan of tasks that vary by client and by month. The total hours available in the territory currently average around 25 hours per month, however this can be significantly added to with the project based work we take on, on an ad hoc basis.
You will create your own journey plan each month to enable the job to fit around your personal life or other commitments you have. All reporting is completed on site, via tablet, which will be provided, so a working knowledge of this kind of technology would be essential.
Previous experience is preferred but full training will be given as necessary to the right candidate.
We also require candidates to be car owners, hold a clean driving licence and have access to or ownership of a computer / laptop with the Office package