Office Assistant (Part Time)
Office Assistant (Part Time)
Want to play a key role in a forward-thinking, local charity's day-to-day operations as an Office Assistant? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
About the Organisation:
Our client is a pioneering not-for-profit that has been developing communities for over half a century. Involved with a number of projects, services and funding opportunities, they are enabling communities to shape their own future.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as an Office Assistant and broaden your skill-set in a flexible role that you can fit around your existing responsibilities.
- Salary of £17,891 pro rata (rising in three annual increments to £19,940 pro rata)
- The autonomy to manage and plan your own workload
- 25 days' holiday pro rata plus bank holidays
Within a welcoming and friendly environment, you will have the chance to become a key player in our client's daily operations.
You will receive excellent training, particularly in Health and Safety matters, to ensure that you succeed in all aspects of your role.
As an Office Assistant, you will support the smooth running of our client's office in Exeter, focusing particularly on premises management and H&S.
Delivering a helpful and professional service, you'll help to provide the best possible work environment for staff and visitors for the best value for money.
Specifically, you will:
- Co-ordinate room bookings
- Manage the office's ICT, phone, photocopier and franking machine contracts
- Liaise with the building's landlord regarding facility repairs
- Test fire alarms and oversee the company's fire extinguisher contract
- Carry out risk assessments to ensure the health and safety of visitors and staff
- Compile and update H&S plans
- Perform a range of administrative tasks
To join this small and dedicated team, you'll need:
- Office administration experience
- Customer service experience
- At a minimum, five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths and English
- Great communication skills
- A highly organised approach
Previous facilities management or H&S experience would be beneficial, but this isn't essential. NEBOSH and/or IOSH training would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Facilities Co-ordinator, Facilities Assistant, Office Administrator, Office Clerk, Office Manager, or Administrator.
Our client is eager to hear from candidates who've worked as a Receptionist, Secretary, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Customer Service Administrator or Customer Service Executive.
Please note, this is a part time role, working 8:30 - 12:30, Monday - Thursday.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're looking to take your next step as an Office Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.