3rd Line Support Analyst
Foot Anstey have an exciting opportunity available for a 3rd Line Support Analyst to join our team based in Plymouth. You will receive a highly competitive salary & benefits package.
As our 3rd Line Support Analyst you will maintain, and support, the IT infrastructure, services, security and performance of the Foot Anstey systems.
This role will come under the management of the Head of IT and is located within the IT team, based in Plymouth (but for the correct person this could be any of our South West offices).
You will focus on the team of delivering security and performance, up to date systems, and hardware / software in support of the Foot Anstey IT infrastructure.
Key responsibilities as our 3rd Line Support Analyst:
- Administration and maintenance of mission critical web and database servers (predominantly Microsoft)
- Proactive problem solving
- Responding to Helpdesk escalations raised at 3rd line level
- Maintaining the 3rd line call status via the Helpdesk incident tracking system
- Collecting and maintaining KPIs of key systems uptime and performance
- Monitoring performance of the infrastructure and highlighting issues as well as providing proactive maintenance
- Providing security and software patches
- Install new hardware / software to maintain existing systems and services and introduce new
- Production and maintenance of documentation, procedures, knowledge base
- Network security and working with external suppliers
- Being able to deliver IT Business Continuity services during tests and invocations
This role has an on call element in support of the firm's needs. It will also require on a frequent (monthly) basis to work out of hours (Overnight) in maintaining systems during the monthly downtime period.
Skills and Attributes needed to become our 3rd Line Support Analyst:
- High level of computer literacy. Degree educated, or with strong practical experience in a 3rd line environment. Technical certification would be advantageous(Microsoft, Cisco etc)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Server environments including Active Directory, Windows Server OS, SQL, Lync (Skype for Business) and Exchange.
- Knowledge of Endpoint and Enterprise security.
- Knowledge of building Windows Desktop images.
- Exposure to Backup systems and SAN technology.
- Experience of any performance analysis systems.
- Exposure to Networking switches, and structured cabling.
- Knowledge of VPLS networks.
Why Foot Anstey
Through a network of five offices across the South West, plus newly opened London and Southampton offices, the firm operates as one national team offering specialist legal advice and services to regional, national and international clients, both businesses and individuals. Foot Anstey is among the UK's top 100 law firms, with just under 50 partners and around 450 staff.
The firm has been acknowledged by industry commentators for its growth and business excellence. Most recently Foot Anstey was shortlisted for National/Regional Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, for UK Law Firm of the Year in the British Legal Awards and also ranked in the recent Financial Times Innovative Lawyers report for its ongoing work with Screwfix and B&Q Tradepoint.
At Foot Anstey our people, like our Values, are at the very heart of our business. We aim to provide you with a rewarding career and work environment and an attractive and flexible benefits scheme as part of supporting the importance of work/life balance.
What’s in it for you?
- Structured career development programme and the opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- Five weeks' annual leave
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour - a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme
- Discounted shopping via the Foot Anstey Reward Gateway
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our 3rd Line Support Analyst then please click “Apply” today!