Live in Carer
Live In Care Assistant -We currently have several exciting opportunities to join our Award Winning Team as a Live In Care Assistant providing care to our customers in Devon.
Being a Live-In Care Assistant for people with a disability or the elderly offers a real sense of purpose and immense job satisfaction and can be a really rewarding career opportunity!
We support couples, young adults and the elderly. Providing live in care and support is both a challenging and rewarding experience. You will stay in the customers' home, usually working alone, but with weekly support from the supervisor. Compassion, good communication skills and a calm and caring manner are essential for this important role in our company.
Your main role will be
- To offer holistic support in the customers' own home enabling them to maintain their independence and individual lifestyle.
- To support your customer with their personal care and medication management.
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the home which may include washing, cleaning and cooking
- Supporting customers to appointments.
- Assisting customers with social activities such as going out for meals, meeting friends or completing enjoyable activities at home.
We work on a 2 weeks on 1 week off rota with the opportunity to pick up any extra available shifts.
Ideally you will have some previous care experience either professionally or have care for a family member. You need to be a kind and compassionate person who is proactive when living with your customer. You will need to be able to work on your own using your initiative.
You should also have a good level of English and be able to cook a meal using fresh ingredients.
As some of our customers live rurally, being a car driver is an advantage but not essential.
A Smart Phone is essential to update, record and log our customers' data and daily visits on our downloaded PASS app.
Our employees say they like working for us because we offer:
- Great pay, from GBP450-GBP670 per week
- Mileage and travel expenses
- Healthcare cash plan for you and your family through WPA
- Lucrative referral bonuses
- Subsidised DBS checks
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Full and comprehensive Induction Training
- Ongoing training with nationally recognised qualifications
Winners of Employer of the Year, Express and Echo Business Awards 2016