Graduate or Junior Software Developer.
Metadata Consulting is dynamic startup working mostly in the healthcare sector, building software tool-kits which are helping push forward the boundaries of genetic research, in short we build enterprise software for managing big data.
We need people with some or many of the following:
- 1-10 years Java experience
- Some Scripting experience, ideally groovy experience.
- Web development experience - overview of html, css perhaps some PHP
- Some knowledge of web frameworks - Grails, Play, Spring Boot.
- 5 years SQL - some experience with NoSQL ideally graph databases or triple stores.
- Some experience of Lucene, Tika, Hadoop and Nutch libraries.
- Happy to work on site in Totnes, Devon, occasional trips to client sites - probably in London.
- Ability to contribute to a fast growing code-base, and to write good quality code that other people can use and build upon.
- Familiarity with github, continuous integration, docker and current cloud environments.
- Familiarity with UML and Model Driven Engineering
- Experience with Jira/Maven/Gradle/Git/Jenkins or similar toolkits
- Degree in Computer Science
We don't expect applicants to have all of these skills but we are looking for people who have some of them and who are happy to learn some of the others to get productive. We will happily train enthusiastic people in our particular blend of languages and tool-kits.
We offer a friendly work environment, flexible hours with comprehensive support for learning and developing new skills, as well as a comprehensive benefits package
If you feel you can contribute to a small dynamic and rapidly growing company and would like to be based near both Dartmoor and the South Coast then please apply.
Apply for Software Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly