Business Development Manager
We are currently working with Action East Devon, an independent charity delivering a range of important services to meet their vision of a happy and healthy East Devon . This involves working with organisations, people and communities to develop solutions that improve health, wellbeing and quality of life particularly for more vulnerable individuals.
The charity currently delivers 11 projects/services reaching over 8,500 individuals and 550 organisations. They work with disadvantaged groups, responding where there is greatest need - carers, young people with poor mental health, older isolated people and those with memory loss/depression, people with learning difficulties, & people out of work due to poor physical/mental health and drug and alcohol issues.
The last 18 months has seen a period of change for Action East Devon with new leadership at Chief Executive, Senior Management and Board level and they are now looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager with a significant track record in leveraging income through trusts and foundations, contracts and other fundraising sources.
The Business Development Manager, under the direction of the Chief Executive, will:
- Refresh and implement Action East Devon's Fundraising Strategy
- Develop and write service business plans and funding applications in consultation with Project Leads.
- Ensure sufficient funding applications are made according to meet the Fundraising Strategy and Business Planning Targets.
- Stay abreast of current and upcoming opportunities and research and develop potential new service areas.
- Provide regular fundraising reports to the Chief Executive and Board.
- Work with Project Leads to find additional sources of funding/income to develop their projects
- Develop and implement a fundraising to ensure they meet best practice standards and are legally compliant.
- Develop an Action East Devon funding database to ensure accurate information on all fundraising activity is logged.
We are seeking applications from candidates who can offer the following experience and skills:-
- Significant experience of working in the voluntary and community sector at a high level
- Knowledge of social enterprise.
- Skills in writing successful funding applications and bids at a significant scale (e.g. £50,000 + value)
- Demonstrated success in establishing a network of influential, knowledgeable and ‘useful’ partners and contacts within the voluntary sector
- A track record of successful fundraising through grants and contracts for the voluntary sector.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to identify, influence and negotiate effectively with potential partners
- Ability to promote and effectively ‘market’ the organisation
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work to an agreed work plan and meet targets and deadlines.
NB:- our client will consider applications from self-employed individuals
- Apply with CV and Covering Letter to Jackie Dawkins, Director, Shine Charity Recruitment
- Closing Date: Wednesday 9th August 2017
- First Interview with Jackie Dawkins w/c 14th August 2017
- Second Interview with Action East Devon tbc